Centennial Hall Wroclaw
The Centennial Hall (Hala Stulecia) was built between 1911 and 1913, when the town was a part of the German Reich. Since 2006 is it on the UNESCO World Heritage List and was in 1962 registered as an historic monument.
The hall is designed by Max Berg as multi-functional, recreation building, located on the exchange grounds of Wroclaw. The building is symmetric with in the middle a central space in the form of a circle, which seats about 6000 people. The 23 metre high doom has on the top a lantern in steal and glass. The Centennial Hall is a pioneer’s work of modern technology and architecture. It shows an important exchange of influences from the beginning of the 20th century. The first renovation took place in 1997, but the work inside the hall is still not finished. Moreover the hall is still used for sporting events and concerts.
The terrain has a big pond with a fountain and directly next to it is the Japanese garden, Park Szczytnicki. The Wroclaw zoo is also in the direct vicinity of the Centennial Hall. Because there is so much to see in these surroundings, is the terrain popular with tourists, but also with the locals. The Centennial Hall is open to visitors.
- Address: Wystawowa 1, 51-618 Wroclaw
- Distance from Palac Jugowice: 70 km, approximately 1 hour 25 minutes
Return to the overview page.