The first saved documents about the castle come from the year 1315. It is known that the castle at the end of the 13th century was extended and that afterwards in came into the hands of the Czech throne. After this the castle had a private owner. In the Thirty Years War the castle was plundered and for the most part destroyed. The following owner also neglected the building. In 1869 one of the towers burnt down due to a strike of lightening. After the Second World War the castle has been restored several times, these proceedings are still being carried out.